"Building Disciples through the LOVE of Jesus Christ."
Second Church of God has officially resumed in-person worship services on Sunday, April 17, 2022. We are implementing practices and policies that are designed to help everyone in attendance. We invite you to view the details below to learn more about what to expect when you arrive. We offer both online and in-person services and we welcome you to worship with us in the environment that you are most comfortable.
SCOG Re-opening FAQs
1. Are seating reservations required?
- You do not need to reserve your seat in advance. However, social distancing will be implemented.
2. What sanitation measures will be in place?
- Our team frequently disinfects surfaces throughout the church and we sanitize the sanctuary between services.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are placed throughout the church.
3. What about face coverings?
- As a church in the District of Columbia, we follow the Mayor's Order. While Facial coverings are not mandatory, face masks and coverings are strongly urged in order to protect yourself and others.
- The CDC does recommend all persons to wear masks amid the rise of variant strains.
- You are welcome to join us regardless of vaccination status.
4. What if I am considered “high-risk”?
- If you or someone in your family is considered “high-risk” for severe illness, and/or you are uncomfortable attending in-person service, we encourage you to worship with us online. We have a faithful and active online community that has been engaging in our live streaming for over two years.
***If any of the following applies to you, please worship with us online:
1. In the last 14 days you have tested positive, been experiencing symptoms, or have a known exposure to COVID-19.
2. If you are in a “high-risk” group, or you care for someone who may be at “high-risk” for severe illness.
3. If you are pregnant or recently pregnant and you live with or visit someone who is expecting.
IF MANDATES OR POLICIES CHANGE, THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED.